DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Development (DOD) will be a strategic, proactive, and highly collaborative development team leader. They will leverage available networks to cultivate new and maintain existing funding relationships with individual donors and corporations with a focus on growing major donor prospects and new potential Board Members who have access to major donors. The Director of Development will act as the leader for overall fundraising strategy and will manage the efforts of two part-time development employees overseeing Individual/Corporate and Institutional giving, while maintaining a cohesive mission-aligned message across all fundraising efforts. The DOD will partner with the Executive team and board of directors to identify and cultivate a pipeline of donor prospects through geographic research, deepening institutional understanding of the burgeoning Jersey City philanthropic landscape, ultimately cultivating a more state-wide cohort of stakeholders. The DOD will report to the Executive Team (Artistic Director and Managing Director) collaborating with all staff members as an ambassador of the Nimbus mission.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy that fully engages staff, board members, donors and other stakeholders deeply and meaningfully.
- Maintain a focus on Nimbus’ mission of inclusivity and vision to continually remove barriers to participation in the arts for our diverse audience.
- Partner with the Executive leadership to create and execute a comprehensive annual development plan addressing the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Nimbus donors and donor prospects with an emphasis on increasing individual giving at $5,000+
- Develop a strong and winning case for support, making strategic, innovative fundraising plans and executing those plans to grow fundraising and reach/exceed goals for the year – aspirationally increasing by approximately 20% annually for the next few years as the position is established.
- Monitor fundraising trends. Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper relationships with donors and funders.
- Act as the public face of Nimbus Fundraising, building relationships with stakeholders locally and statewide.
Fundraising, Development & Communications
- Leads prospecting and cultivation efforts with major donors, corporate sponsors and grant makers
- Collaborates with part time Associate Director of Advancement and Patron Relations Manager to maintain and grow respective areas of giving.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with current donors and grant makers
- Coordinates opportunities to create new partnerships and donor relationships
- Collaborates with the Executive Leadership to lead annual fundraising events, annual appeal, and develop new fundraising campaigns that are in line with Nimbus’ mission and programming.
- Manages data collection and analysis within the organization related to resource development; uses data to accurately and effectively support fundraising strategies
- Craft, maintain and manage all fundraising communications, prospect research, moves management, and gift acknowledgements and processing.
- Crafts and provides feedback on grant applications
- Research and lay the groundwork for future acquisition of CRM system such as Salesforce within 1-2 years.
- Effectively communicates vision and customizes language and approach to the intended stakeholder
- Regularly carries out external communication via emails, networking events, panels and other opportunities to ensure effective communication of programs to prospective donors and other stakeholders.
Leadership, Vision, and Management
- Engage as an articulate, passionate, and visible storyteller and prominent fundraising presence for Nimbus among stakeholders through public speaking, attendance at events and coordinated public relations.
- Develops the resource development plan for individual donations, grants, sponsorships, and events
- Collaborates with Executive Team on tracking/oversight of the budget, helping to make budget informed strategic decisions
- Partner with Nimbus’ Executive Team on strategic planning and other mission-driven organizational decisions as a member of the core leadership team.
- Supervise the accurate processing and public recognition of grants and donations and the maintenance of data entry and reporting protocols.
- Help identify and recruit potential new Board members; Liaise with Board fundraising and recruitment committees.
- Supervises the creation and implementation of the communications and resource development plans to ensure they are cohesive and work to support one another and the mission of the organization
- In partnership with the Managing Director supervises and supports 1-2 direct reports on the Development team to achieve their goals.
Salary Range: $58,000-$63,000
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- % work from home possibility
- Medical insurance: after 6 months of employment, employee may enroll in Nimbus’ contributory group plan, covering 50% of monthly premiums.
- Discount on NimbusFIT classes, summer camps and classes for children of employees.
- Ongoing Professional Development from hired consultants, coaches and PD trainers within the first 6 months of employment.
To apply: please complete questions and upload cover letter and resume at this link.