FRONT DESK/FRONT OF HOUSE STAFF (FDS)
Front Desk/Front of House Staff manage the front desk and welcome patrons of the Nimbus Arts Center during open hours and during performances and special events, performing a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The Front Desk Staff are the first point of contact for The Nimbus Arts Center. Duties include: offering administrative support across the organization, welcoming and greeting guests and visitors to the Arts Center, running the box office and will call for performances/events, fielding phone calls/taking messages, checking in and releasing students, and generally addressing circumstances in a timely and effective manner. Candidates should have good customer service and communication skills. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus. This position leads by example, creates a welcoming, friendly, and professional atmosphere, and is not afraid to learn new skills and build on current ones. This position reports directly to the Facilities & Rentals Manager (FRM)
BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and folx with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Have an expressible enthusiasm for the arts
- Be Committed to inclusivity, in which every patron is seen, valued, and belongs.
- Good team player.
- Great communicator: maintain open communication with Nimbus staff and effectively communicate information to patrons
- Be a responsible ambassador for Nimbus: arrive on time to shifts, mediate a calm, clean, welcoming environment, and be aware and comfortable in leading patrons safely through an emergency if necessary.
- Have weekend availability
This position is paid hourly. Nimbus’ staff also receives free NimbusFIT classes, access to studio space, and tickets to select performances occurring at the Nimbus Arts Center.
To apply: please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews and trainings will occur in June; Shifts will start in July.