Nimbus seeks a Production Manager that can work in a group setting and is self motivated. This position will work with Nimbus Artistic Staff & Rental Coordinator in facilitating and managing all production needs on site at the Nimbus Arts Center and on tour with Nimbus’ dance companies. The Production Manager will communicate directly with the Artistic Director, Executive Director and Managing Director on developing production plans for performances, programs and projects, and will work in the areas of Rentals, Lighting, managing schedules, appearance and maintenance of facility and other tasks assigned by the Executive Team.
Nimbus weaves together Dance Company, Arts Center, School and Community programming to fulfill our mission of engaging and building dynamic community through the creation and presentation of exceptional and inspiring programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate travel reservations with Company Manager: van rental, lodging, food
- Create Lighting Design and Stage Manage Nimbus Performances
- Coordinate set/prop repairs, construction, storage, and travel
- Create prop, production inventory lists for each production
- Advance Communication with venues re: tech/logistics in a timely and respectful manner
- Create and distribute tech/production schedules written and in dialogue with artistic staff
- Serve as timekeeper during technical & dress rehearsals, production run-throughs and prior/during performances.
- Attend company rehearsals as necessary for lighting design, stage managing & other production needs
- Maintain archives of lighting designs and cue-sheets for company repertory
- Assemble music files and playlists for all Nimbus performances and productions (including School of Nimbus perfomances)
- Schedule production crew; manage additional Production staff hired as needed.
- Advance planning for tech needs for all facility rentals for Nimbus Performances/Events
- Coordinate all technical aspects of all in-house productions including the Jersey City Nutcracker
- Plan and coordinate Educational/Community Productions
- Maintain production supply inventory in an organized manner
- Assist in research, order, and installation of new technical equipment for the Nimbus Arts Center
- Be aware of safety hazards throughout the space and work quickly to ensure solutions to or removal of all safety hazards.
To apply: please complete questions and upload cover letter and resume at this link.