MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Nimbus seeks a Communications and Marketing Manager (MCM) for immediate hire. MCM will work with Nimbus Staff from a range of departments to skillfully promote programs, events and initiatives, and to elevate recognition of Nimbus within the community and field. MCM will develop a strong understanding of the organization’s range of departments and programs in order to effectively communicate Nimbus’ story and narrative. Applicants should be self motivated and comfortable working in a group setting, should be familiar with the dance/performing arts and non-profit fields, and should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nimbus weaves together Dance Company, Arts Center, School and Community programming to fulfill our mission to engage and build community through the creation and presentation of exceptional and inspiring arts programming.
Part-time Position – estimated 20-25 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft written descriptions of programs/performances for marketing, and press releases.
- Create and distribute Press Releases 2 months before events, working with the Managing Director.
- Maintain an up to date press contact list and work to build meaningful relationships with local and national media.
- Update written materials for Arts Center and School of Nimbus websites.
- Proofread and edit as needed all materials disseminated outside of Nimbus, including print programs and marketing materials
- Assist in production of Program Booklets for Nimbus Arts Center
- Promote Nimbus in a positive and professional manner, in line with branding guidelines
- Work with leadership to design and roll out written materias for all Nimbus departments: including press releases, marketing copy, descriptions of events and programs, and effective timeline for dissemination.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Plan and implement promotional campaigns
- Assist with preparation of online and print marketing campaigns in collaboration with Marketing Associate and Managing Director..
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all departments are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analyze potential strategic partner relationships for marketing.
- Attend/Staff company performances, events, conferences
- Maintain updated and differentiated press/PR contact lists.
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content
- Attend all events and produce live social media content
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels
- Collaborate with marketing team and Managing Director to create a social media calendar for all areas of Nimbus (Nimbus Dance, School of Nimbus, Nimbus Arts Center)
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends: Facebook: Live, Stories, Instagram: Live, Stories, Twitter, Google, and Youtube.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Manage and oversee all social media content
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Provide constructive feedback weekly
- Manage multiple social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook): create engaging content and build audience
To apply: please complete questions and upload cover letter and resume at this link.