COMMUNITY PROGRAMS MANAGER (CPM)
Community Programs Manager is responsible for management of Nimbus’ off-site educational programs including partnerships with local schools, community centers, and other partners. The CPM manages teaching staff, maintains relations with partner organizations, seeks new relationships and potential opportunities for growth, and assists with development of program and curriculum design. Additionally, CPM builds ties and collaboration between Nimbus’ off-site programs and programs at the Nimbus Arts Center including: School of Nimbus, and Nimbus Dance. The CPM leads by example, is both strategic and hands-on, and is not afraid to learn new skills and build on current ones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Offsite Educational Programs (after-school, Dance to Learn, Jersey City Nutcracker, etc)
- Seek new opportunities for offsite programs with Public and Private Partnerships – including meetings, marketing fairs,
- Planning meetings with School Principals/PTA – space and time availability, building use form, kick-off assembly and follow up administration.
- Oversee Nimbus Teaching Artists including hiring, communications, training, protocols, provide feedback
- Handle communication/correspondence with program partners, schools, and participants/families as needed
- Plan/Coordinate all aspects of Offsite Programs: Dates/Times, Location, Price, Student Audition, Final Student performance – scheduling, company involvement, times, tech, set up/strike – Company Outreach showcases, building/auditorium use forms, photo/liability release forms
- Coordinate Jersey City Nutcracker / Repertory Classes with Offsite Partner sites
- Rehearsal schedules, performance dates/times
- Collect contact lists for info distribution
- Input students into Dance studio pro
- Collect Program Data: demographics (student surveys); Pre/Post surveys for learning indicators
- Attend meetings with funders as needed
Grant Proposal Support
- Maintain all necessary information for grants (scholarship documents, proof of income, etc.)
- Assist in developing grant Narratives when related to educational programming
- Seek out new potential funding sources for educational programming
- Schedule ongoing informative teacher meetings to reinforce curriculum
- Create/Plan Professional Development, Teacher Training, Social events for Teaching Staff
- Oversee/maintain staff protocols on dress code, attendance and behavior
- Work with Communications Staff to generate language for program promotion
- Develop intern program for Nimbus
- Taking Minutes at all meetings regarding education
Manager of Community Programs is a part-time staff position, with anticipated 15-20 hours per week. Compensation is hourly, commensurate with experience.
To apply: please complete questions and upload cover letter and resume at this link.